Center for Executive Leadership- Phase II Course
A RUTHERFORD Cable program offering graduate-level instruction in conjunction with the Middle Tennessee State University Jennings A. Jones College of Business and University Honors College and underwritten by Nissan.
Phase II – Advanced Course – Five sessions beginning Tuesday, January 23rd through Tuesday, February 27th.
Enrollment is limited to those who have completed Phase I. Registration opens November 14, 2017 and closes January 12, 2018.
This Phase II Advanced Course has a different format from Phase I: an analytic and application approach to the study of leadership, including articles, cases, editorial and opinion pieces, exercises, video clips and other tools. The Socratic teaching method will be used.
The Socratic teaching method is the oldest and most powerful teaching tactic for fostering critical thinking, providing questions, not answers, and modeling an inquiring, probing mind by continually probing into the subject with questions.
Selected specific materials (particularly articles) for each session will be provided to participants at the prior session with first-session materials provided at RUTHERFORD Cable’s regular January meeting.
Scholarships are available on a limited basis to qualified applicants
Dr. Joshua Aaron, Joshua R. Aaron holds a PhD in Strategic Management, an MBA in Strategic Management and a BS degree in Accounting, all from the University of Alabama.
Prior to academia, Dr. Aaron was an auditor at Ernst and Young, LLP in Birmingham, AL.
He currently serves on the Boards of Directors for the Small Business Institute and the Rachel Lynn Smith Foundation in Durham, NC. He has served as the President of the Board of Governors at Ironwood Country Club in Greenville, NC and has consulted with several for profit businesses, nonprofits and civic organizations.
His research focuses on executive compensation for large and small firms, leadership, strategic issues facing small and medium enterprises and corporate reputation. He teaches Strategic Management at both the undergraduate and MBA levels
- Professional-level instruction focusing on the tenets of executive leadership
- Begins Tuesday, January 23, 2018, through Tuesday, February 27, 2018.
- 5 sessions, not including graduation
- There are 3 professional coaching classes following graduation, included in the class fee
- 6:00pm – 8:30pm weekly
- Location is the Middle Tennessee State University Honors College at the Andrew Woodfin Miller Sr. Executive Education Center, 503 E Bell St. Murfreesboro, TN 37130
- $295 per person, exclusive to Rutherford CABLE Members; limited scholarships available for qualifying members