The Premier Leadership Organization for Women’s Professional Advancement in Middle Tennessee
WHO WE ARE
Who We Are
RUTHERFORD Cable is a local organization formed in 2009 to help women widen their professional and personal circles and connect with greater business opportunities. And, Rutherford County women have responded; we have over 250 members, and we’re still growing strong!
Rutherford Cable seeks to encourage, enlighten and empower our members and all women in our community through programs and events that offer expert advice, networking opportunities, connection and collaboration. Click here to view upcoming events. Click here to view upcoming events.
March Monthly Spotlight Member
Shentarel Edmondson also known as “Shan” has devoted her life to working with children and families. She has spent 30 years advocating for the less fortunate in a social service arena and has provide individual therapy in a formal and non-formal setting. From the girl who started the first community center in her hometown of Eatonton, GA to now f22or the last ten years she has served in several leadership roles and is the current Director of Foster Care Services of Monroe Harding, Inc. (MH). MH has been around for 130 years providing homes, healing, and opportunities for vulnerable youth ages 0-24. She is a wife, a mother of two lovely young ladies aged 16 and 20. She enjoys volunteering, reading, traveling, and spending time with family and is the Co-Owner of Precise Cuts Woodworks where “you design it, we build.” I have been a member of Rutherford Cable for one year and love seeing women empowering women.
News & Events
RUTHERFORD Cable Membership Scholarship
RUTHERFORD Cable has introduced a one-year basic membership stipend program to assist prospective members with their Cable Membership dues and associated costs.
These are two separate scholarship categories:
- A nonprofit organization within Rutherford County that is not currently a member.
- Women in populations currently underrepresented in RUTHERFORD Cable (industry, work status, race, ethnicity, etc.), sponsored by Murfreesboro Medical Clinic and Redstone Federal Credit Union.
The impetus of this scholarship program is to encourage prospective members to gain benefits from being associated with RUTHERFORD Cable through assistance with the cost of membership through this award.
To be considered for the scholarship:
● Applicant must live or work in Rutherford County
● Priority will be given to an individual who is not currently a member of RUTHERFORD Cable
● Participation in RUTHERFORD Cable will be measured by engagement and attendance. Therefore, applicant agrees to attend a minimum 75% of Breakfast Meetings and to participate on at least one committee/initiative of RUTHERFORD Cable
● Applications are reviewed by the RUTHERFORD Cable Nominating Committee. Recommendations for approval are submitted to the RUTHERFORD Cable Board of Directors. Application deadline is December 1st; recipient will be notified by December 14th. Membership will begin January 1, 2023.
Get Started Now
Cable is a unique and diverse group of business and civic-minded professionals of all ages, ethnicities and religions who are driven by the same common desire: to help women achieve remarkable professional and personal growth.