Women in Leadership
Leadership Academy -
Dale Carnegie 2021 Series
REGISTRATION is OPEN!
At some time in your life, you’ll be called on to lead. Once that happens, there’s no going back. So today, it’s time to become the best leader you can be, because leadership isn’t optional. Thanks to our generous underwriting partner Pinnacle Financial Partners, RUTHERFORD Cable has developed the CEL program, a growing rotational series focusing on the many facets of leadership. Join RUTHERFORD Cable for a Four week live series with Dale Carnegie starting October 13th at 5:30 PM.
Classes held October 13, 20, 27 and November 3
Location: MTSU, Miller Education Center, Room MEC 1108, 503 E Bell St, Murfreesboro, TN 37130
Times: 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Cost: $125 until Sept. 30th, $150 after Oct. 1st. Individual classes can be attended for $40 each
Exclusive to RUTHERFORD Cable Members
Scholarships are available on a limited basis to qualified applicants.
Scholarship applications are available online.
Deadline is September 30th
• Examine different types of stress and their impact
• Explore strategies for handling stress
• Work collaboratively with peers to manage stress
• Transform negative energy into a positive opportunity
• Understand leadership and management and the related drivers for success
• Describe leadership experiences and values
• “Innerview” to open the lines of communication and build trust
• Create a personal vision as a leader and manager
• Discern the differences between trust, credibility, and respect and how they interconnect
• Cultivate a trust-based work environment using proven principles
• Restore broken trust and maintain trusting relationships moving forward
• Appreciate how trust is cornerstone to employee engagement and retention
• Respond to difficult situations in a confident, diplomatic, and tactful way
• Give and receive feedback without eliciting negative emotions
• Apply mediation techniques to find common ground among opposing viewpoints
Vice President of Operations
Dale Carnegie Training of Tennessee
Vice President of Operations – Corporate Client Project Manager
Dale Carnegie Course Instructor
Lead Live Online Technical Producer Webex, Zoom, and Adobe
Education and Certifications
BS Applied Mathematics – Trevecca Nazarene University
BS Communication Studies – Trevecca Nazarene University
MBA – University of Maryland
Ed. D. in Applied Learning Sciences – University of Miami (2023)
I am passionate about teaching women because the challenges we face go beyond work. As a mom, wife, employee; I understand that the feeling of work does not stop when we clock out from our jobs. In the training room though, it is a time and space that we get to focus on us. That is why I am excited to work with RUTHERFORD Cable for this event and help women who want help at work, in life, and lower their stress.
Training takes time, it needs space where participants can talk about obstacles, growth, and a place to be real. It is no longer enough for a trainer to just instruct and try to pass knowledge on. Adults who are passionate about becoming a better version of themselves want to be involved in the process. That is why as a trainer I try to create an environment that is open and safe so that participants can engage and ask questions. When that happens, we are able to learn about ourselves and how to be better managers, employees, partners, parents, and people.