Moving Women Forward
Leadership Academy - Dale Carnegie 2019 Series
Developing the Powerful Woman in You: Confident, Assertive and In-Charge
It is time to take back the adjectives that describe us and our fellow women, and move forward with confidence, resilience and dignity! In this training, we will learn how to boldly deal with difficult situations and maintain control of those situations by being assertive, but not seen as aggressive. We’ll learn how to say no when the situation is worth fighting for. By understanding the other person’s point of view — along with our recognizing natural strengths — we can not only have impact on others’ perceptions of us but we can also win people to our way of thinking without damaging our reputation.
Classes held October 23, 30, November 6 & 13
Location: Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce Classroom
Times: 5-7 pm
Cost: Early registration special of $125. After October 1st, cost is $150.
Exclusive to RUTHERFORD Cable Members
Scholarships are available on a limited basis to qualified applicants.
Scholarship applications are available online.
Deadline is September 24th
- Meet new people easily
- Replace shyness with confidence
- Communicate with impact and broaden your comfort zone
- Be assertive without appearing aggressive
- Speak persuasively in front of groups
- Get colleagues and management to listen and accept your ideas
• Put a stake in the ground when you have to
• Decide what is worth fighting for
• Defend a position using the Magic Formula
• Gain the cooperation of others
• Manage tough situations with composure and confidence
• Effectively handle difficult people
Kara (Hankins) Noonan
Vice President, Client Development
Dale Carnegie Training of Tennessee
I was thrilled with the class, the content, the professors that shared their wisdom with us and the layout of the course. It was very much attainable even while working a full time job. I feel that this CEL course helped me to see myself as more worthy of being a woman in business and that I do have much to offer.
My life has been enriched with new friendships as well. I am grateful that I took the leap and participated.”